We are committed to achieving carbon neutrality by 2030.
We are dedicated to facilitating digital transformation by providing the world's leading innovators with a unique, open and sustainable smart infrastructure platform. As the market leader, we have the responsibility to lead our industry toward a more sustainable future. To this end, we seek to build sustainability into everything we do.
Our commitment is founded on three key pillars:
- Minimize impact on the environment
- Create value for all stakeholders, and
- Engender trust via rigorous governance.
At GDS, we aim to build sustainability into everything we do.
ESG strategy and priorities
- Reduce carbon footprint by increasing proportion of renewable energy usage
- Make our data centers greener
- Reduce resource consumption by optimizing operational efficiency
- Empower our customers with a smart infrastructure platform
- Foster diversity, inclusion and personal development for our people
- Engage our value chain and communities to drive positive impact
- Maintain the highest standards of corporate governance
- Ensure strict protection of data security and privacy
- Enhance sustainability through accountability
We are one of the first data center companies with a centralized system. Our operations and management framework has three levels: Global Operation Command Center (GOCC), Regional Operation Command Center (ROCC) and Data Center Unit (DCU). All self-developed and B-O-T data centers, along with those third-party data centers operated and maintained by us, are subject to the GOCC and ROCC management to ensure consistent O&M quality across regions.
We have formulated cyber security management policies and guidelines, based on the ISO 27001 information security management standard, to provide a framework for the protection of our information security and all valuable information, data and intellectual property within GDS.
We have established a corporate information security committee to oversee our information security, and under the committee we have established several sub-committees to manage relevant topics.
We conduct internal and external information security audits on an annual basis. We also invite independent third-party auditors to conduct information security risk assessments on an ad hoc basis.